Applications are invited for 2021 Fully Funded Eni Masters Scholarships at the University of Oxford in United Kingdom for 2021/22 academic year. The scholarship is sponsored by St Antony’s College, University of Oxford, in partnership with the international integrated energy company Eni. The scholarships allow St Antony’s to admit up to three of the best African students irrespective of means and will add immeasurably to the diverse and intellectual character of the College. This is part of a joint initiative between Eni & St Antony’s College to invest in and strengthen African leadership.
- Eligible courses: 1-year Master’s courses, MSc African Studies, MSc Economic & Social History, MSc Economics for Development, MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy
- Eligible countries: Angola, Ghana, Mozambique, Nigeria, or the Republic of the Congo (Congo-Brazzaville)
- Benefits: 100% of fees, and an annual grant for living costs, economy return airfare from your home country to the UK at the start and end of your course.
- Application Deadline: 2nd March 2021.
- The scholarships are open to applicants who are ordinarily resident in Angola, Ghana, Mozambique, Nigeria, and the Republic of the Congo (Congo-Brazzaville). Preference will be given to applicants whose first degree is from an African university.
- The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of both academic merit and potential and financial need. Preference will be given to applicants who have clear ambitions to use their accumulated learning to benefit their home country after graduation.
- Please ensure you meet the requirements for entry to your course, including English language requirements. See the University’s course guide for more information.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are to apply online to the University of Oxford for one of the eligible courses. Application for graduate study to the University must be submitted by the January deadline (8th or 22nd January 2021 depending on the programme applied to – check the University’s guidance on application deadlines). And applicants must have secured an admission in a chosen programme of study by the final completion date (2nd March 2021). Please, select St Antony’s College in the college choice section of the application form, though this is not compulsory.
Once you have applied to the University, please complete the online Eni Scholarship application form which is available at the bottom of this page. The deadline for submission of the form is 5pm, UK time, on 2nd March 2021.
Successful candidates will be contacted by the end of June 2021. If you have not been contacted by then, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.