Applications are invited for 2021 Fully Funded Chinese Government Scholarships at Dalian Medical University in China. The scholarship is aimed at promoting Chinese higher education brand on an international basis. Dalian Medical University is one of the prestigious universities designated to recruit international students to study in medical master degree programs.
- Type: Master’s programs
- Duration: 3 years
- Eligible fields: Chinese and western integrated medicine, Clinical medicine, and Basic medicine
- Eligible students: International
- Preparatory course: 1 year if without HSK 4 certificate
- Worth: Tuition fee, On-campus accommodation fee or off-campus accommodation monetary subsidy (RMB 700/month), Living allowance (RMB 3,000/month), Comprehensive medical insurance.
- Application deadline: April 15, 2021.
- Applicants must be Non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Applicants must old a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 35 (as of September 1, 2021)
- If applicants are immigrants from China, he or she should hold foreign passport for no less than 4 years and have 2 year’s record of living abroad.
- Professional medical master applicants need to have a Chinese proficiency certificate of HSK band 4 with a score of 180 or above and hold a MBBS or BDS degree.
- Academic master applicants need to have an English proficiency certificate of TOFEL(above 80), or IELTS( above 5.5). For those who cannot offer the above mentioned standard English test results, can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is English, and additional oral or written English test organized by Dalian Medical University will be required to participate in.
- Native English-speaking applicants could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
- Applicants who do not obtain other scholarship for new students.
(1) For those who have not met the entry requirements of Chinese proficiency level and wish to take remedial Chinese courses before the major study in Chinese, they should also present the HSK certificate when applying. Only by passing the required HSK test within the first year and meeting the entry requirements of the relevant degree programs could they then start the major study.
(2) Scholarship recipients shall participate in the annual review in accordance with the relevant management regulations of the scholarships. Those who pass the review can continue to apply for or enjoy the scholarships in the next academic year. Those who fail the review will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarships. The specific regulations and methods of the annual review shall be subject to the latest notice issued in the current year.
(3) The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language course.
(4) Scholarship students should complete their study within the set length of schooling; duration for scholarship specified in the Admission Notice cannot be extended in principle.
(5) Students are not permitted, in general, to apply to change their specialties, host universities or the duration of study as specified in the Admission Letter once they agree to accept the scholarship.
V. Scholarships Quota:pending approval from China’s Ministry of Education.
How to apply
1. Applicants shall complete online application (Program Category: Type B; Agency No. of DMU: 10161) and print out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
2. Applicants shall complete another online application and upload the required documents. There is no need to mail paper application materials.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（in Chinese or English）
- Passport copy（information page, empty visa page or Chinese visa pages if have)
- Notarized bachelor degree (photocopy); Prospective degree winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic transcript in Chinese or English.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English with a minimum of 1500 words.
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
- A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose it in the application package. English proficency certificate, eg TOFEL or IELTS.
- Acceptance Letter from professor in DMU
- List of Publications, which should state impact factor and journal name, author order. Provide the copy of the papers. (for Master and PhD)
- Other certificates you have been awarded.
- Applicants are expected to submit a complete set of application materials and will be held responsible for the authenticity of their documents. Incomplete or forged application materials will be rejected.
- Applicants do not need to send us hard copies of application documents. Some of the applicants will receive the interview notice informed by our schools in April. Only those applicants who have passed the preliminary evaluation of the university and are informed by our email notice around May 10th should submit us all application documents in two sets of hard copies by DHL or EMS. As for the highest diploma (degree certificate) and transcript, the original document is not required, but one set of the original notarized highest diploma (degree certificate) and transcript should be submitted. Whether accepted or not, the document will not be returned.
- Applicants are expected to keep their phones on, check their email regularly as DMU’s Admissions Office will contact them when necessary.
Selection and Notification
- A comprehensive review will be conducted on applicant’s academic record, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor’s comments. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to China Scholarship Council for final approval.
- The final results will be published at the official webpage in early August. And Scholarships awardees will be notified via email. Admission Notices and Visa Application Forms for Study (JW201) will be sent out afterwards.
- If applicants fail to register before the deadline for registration, their scholarship will not be reserved.
- DMU will not authorize any agent or any person to recruit the government scholarship program.
- Applicants should apply directly to Dalian Medical University and cannot submit application document through any intermediary agencies.
- Application is totally free.
Address: DMU’s Admissions office, West Section 9, Lvshun South Road, Dalian, Liaoning Province, P. R. China (Postcode:116044)
For University Environment, please visit the official page
For University Information, please visit the univesity webpage
For College information, please visit college webpage
For supervisor information, please visit faculty webpage