Applications are invited for 2021 University of Reading Scholarships for Developing Countries in UK. These opportunities are available for pursuing a full-time MPhil/PhD or Taught Masters programme in September 2021. These are available for those holders who are pursuing a full-time MPhil/PhD programme or a Taught Master’s programme. Applicants from ‘developing countries’ are aimed primarily at candidates from Africa and exclude “all Western countries, including most of the European Community, and China/Taiwan”.
- Type: MPhil/PhD or Taught Masters
- Benefits: These awards cover tuition fees at the international rate and provide a stipend (maintenance grant) to cover living expenses (the current level of which is £14,570). They also provide generous allowances for clothes, books, and a return flight home. The awards are available (depending on eligibility) for up to 3 years.
- Application Deadline: January 30, 2021
- Citizens of India and other developing countries can apply for these grants.
- These are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- All candidates already holding a Masters’ degree cannot apply for the master’s scholarships. Indian candidates already holding a PhD degree cannot apply for the PhD scholarship.
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need, also must possess at least a first-class honours degree from a University or comparable institution.
- Applicants must have an International English Language Test Score: 6.5 – 7.5, Test of English as a Foreign Language (internet-based version): 88 – 100, Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English/ Certificate of Advanced English: A – C/ 193-200, Test of English for Educational Purposes: 6.5 – 7.5, Pearson English Test Pearson: 53-67.
How to Apply
To participate, the applicants must be complete an online application for admission to a Postgraduate Degree at the University of Reading and hold an offer of admission by the deadline (30 January 2030). After taking admission candidates must complete the electronic form at the bottom of this web page in order to express your interest in being considered for the free study.
Supporting Documents: No requirement for supporting documents to apply for this free study. For more information, visit the official webpage