Applications are invited for 2021 PhD Scholarship at International Research School of Battery Chemistry, Characterization, Analysis, Recycling and Application (BACCARA) for International Researchers. The scholarship is for highly motivated and talented PhD students from different disciplines. Excellent command of spoken and written English, general communication skills and team spirit are essential. And the offering is a competitive, interdisciplinary environment with a track record of intense collaboration. In addition to the individual training-through-research, our program includes further opportunities such as an introduction to electrochemistry and battery technology, retreats, international conferences, and symposia.
- Study location: University of Münster, Germany
- Type: PhD
- Eligible Field(s): Theory and Modelling, Material Synthesis, Catalysis, Analysis and Characterization, Battery Cell Technology, Recycling, Sustainability and Life Cycle Analysis
- Duration of Award: 3 years
- Eligible Countries: International
- To be Taken at (Country): University of Münster, Germany
- Number of Awards: 1
- Worth: Fully funded
Application Deadline: 15th February 2021
- Master’s degree in the field of chemistry
- Documented knowledge in one of the above-mentioned topics
- Independent, structured approach to research work
- High motivation, initiative, and team spirit
- Excellent command of English language
- German language skills are not a requirement, but a willingness to learn is desirable.
The University of Münster is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the proportion of women academics. Consequently, we actively encourage applications by women. Female candidates with equivalent qualifications and academic achievements will be preferentially considered within the framework of the legal possibilities. The University of Münster is committed to employing more staff with disabilities. Candidates with recognised severe disabilities who have equivalent qualifications are given preference in hiring decisions.
How to Apply
Please send your complete CV, a cover letter outlining your motivation for battery research (maximum 1 page) and your scientific interests (maximum 1 additional page) detailing, which of the fields of activity listed above would be of specific interest to you with the subject heading “BAC-COH21-1” by e-mail to the address below before 15 February 2021 to Dr Kerstin Neuhaus (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information, visit award webpage