Applications are invited for 2021 Dr Sylvia Meek Entomology Masters Scholarship at University of Pretoria in South Africa. Malaria Consortium is proud to continue its partnership with the University of Pretoria, South Africa, to continue the Dr Sylvia Meek scholarship for Entomology. This scholarship, established in Sylvia’s honour by Malaria Consortium, will empower a new generation of public health entomologists and malaria staff in Africa and Asia.
- Type: Masters
- To be Taken at (Country): University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Number of Awards: 1
- Eligible Countries: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, Chad, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, the Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Worth: The Dr Sylvia Meek scholarship for Entomology will cover all tuition fees, a research allowance to the total value of ZAR60 000 (ZAR30 000/year), ZAR 78 000/year for upkeep costs such as accommodation and board, an allowance for travel to South Africa (if non-national) and return home after completion of the programme, and health insurance for the duration of the MSc programme, i.e. a maximum of two calendar years, by which time the students should finish their degree.
- Duration of Award: 2 years
- Application Deadline: 8th February 2021 17:00 (Johannesburg time; GMT+2).
- Applicants must be citizens of the above-mentioned countries
- Applicants need to have successfully completed an Honours degree or equivalent in Entomology or a related discipline
- Applicants should have good knowledge of English (the language of instruction)
- Applicants should demonstrate an interest in, and commitment to, entomology and the control of vector-borne diseases
- Applicants should be no older than 35 at the time of submission
How to apply