Applications are invited for 2021 Sasakawa International MPhil/PhD Studentships at Oxford Brookes University in UK. The Studentship is in Japanese studies and it is made possible through the generosity of The Nippon Foundation and the Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation. This studentship is initially for one year only, but maybe renewable subject to satisfactory progress in subsequent years, up to a maximum of three years, beginning in September of the 2021/22 academic year.
- Eligible Countries: International
- Type: MPhil/PhD
- Value of Award: £10,000
- Number of Awards: 2
- Eligible Field of Studies: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
- Applicants must have a good undergraduate degree (a good 2:1 or above) or be predicted to obtain one.
- Applicants should have completed a degree with substantive anthropology content or in Japanese studies, or in a discipline relevant to the proposed research, and have a sufficient level of Japanese language ability to engage in fieldwork in Japan where relevant (normally, this should be equivalent to JLPT level 2 or above).
- The following documents can be accepted as evidence of your English proficiency: IELTS 6.0-7.0, 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking, and 60% or above in Standard XII.
How to apply
For more information, visit the official website